Download Employer Forms
Enjoy the Benefits of Being a Participating Employer!
Skilled workers trained to industry/employer specifications to produce quality results
Meet public works requirements for utilizing California state & federally-registered apprentices
Provides systematic training to develop more informed and productive employees
Apprentices are more committed to the employer
Reduced training costs
PHCC-GSA-PUAC Plumbing Apprenticeship and Trainee Program Employer Requirements & Costs
Participation in the PHCC-GSA-PUAC Apprenticeship & Trainee Program requires:
- Possession of a C-36 or C-20 License
- Agreement to train according to the PHCC Rules and Regulations and Division of Apprenticeship Standards (if applicable)
- Agreement to make the following training contributions:
- One Dollar ($1.00) per hour for private work for all apprentices or trainees. Minimum weekly contribution per apprentice/trainee is $40.00; average yearly cost to train an apprentice is $2330.00
- One Dollar ($1.00) per hour for public work for all apprentices or trainees. Training contributions for journeyman plumbers are determined by the county in which the work is performed
- $350.00 annual enrollment fee for all students, to be paid prior to students attending the first semester of classes
- A non-member sponsor may enroll an employee for an annual fee of $1,000.00
As a participating contractor, you may either enroll your current employees in the program or hire from a list of approved applicants awaiting hire.
Ongoing Employer Requirements & Costs
Continued participation in the PHCC-GSA-PUAC Apprenticeship & Trainee Program requires:
- Current PHCC Member at a Local, State and National Level
- Possession of a C-36 or C-20 State Contractor License
- For Apprentices: Signed DAS-1 Apprenticeship Agreement to train according to the PHCC GSA PUAC Rules and Regulations and the Division of Apprenticeship Standards.
- For Trainees: Signed Agreement to train according to the PHCC Rules and Regulations for sponsoring a Trainee.
- Signed Agreement to meet the following training contributions per apprentice and/or trainee:
- Minimum $160 (for a 4 week month) or $200 (for a 5 week month) monthly training contribution on each apprentice or trainee.*This amount may be a combination of both private and public training contributions.
Private contribution rate is currently $1 an hour for each hour worked.
Public Training contribution hourly amounts are paid in accordance to the Director of Industrial Relations wage sheets for the county where work is performed in.
All training contributions for journeyman plumbers hours worked on a public works job will be made to the PHCC PUAC at the rate determined by the county in which the work is performed.
Annual Enrollment Cost
Enrollment fee for all students to be paid prior to students attending the first semester of classes, along with purchase of student’s first UPC Book.
PHCC Members: $350.00 per student
Non-Members: $1,000.00 per student